Monday, September 6, 2010

Vienna, VA

We found the most perfect French restaurant during our stay in Vienna, VA, a suburb of Washington
DC. Cafe Renaissance, known as he most romantic dinner in the area.
A little gem of a restaurant tucked hidden in strip mall.
Stepping inside you find this beautiful French style dining room.
Filled with fresh flowers.
The walls covered with fresco and oil paintings.
Beautifully set tables.
Our table had yellow roses. I love yellow roses.
 
They were tucked into a vase filled with lemons. I knew the lemons were meant for me. See here for my love of decorating with lemons.
The food was wonderful. We shared the mussel appetizer. I had the sea scallops in a cilantro cream sauce with artichoke hearts and mushrooms. You can see I was well into this plate before I realized I'd forgotten to take a picture. It was too good. Larry had the best veal chop. Saeed, the owner brought us a piece of  dark chocolate mousse torte and after dinner drinks. This was Larry's birthday dinner. He ask us if we were celebrating. Again, too overcome with deliciousness to take a photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment