Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I MAY'd Photo Placecards

Here's a cute way to personalize your next dinner.
Make photo placecards.
 I bought these lucite frames at Walmart 
for 49 cents each.
I used the student wallet size photos.  
 I needed to copy and print out the rest.
 I'm using old photos for everyone. 
That's my senior picture on the right. 
Since this is for a graduation weekend meals.
I'm using senior high school pictures 
for the parents and grandparents. 
 I scanned the old photos into my computer.
I'm using my laptop, a MacBook Pro.
 I added the photos to my iPhoto library.
(my senior picture)
 I can then edit the photo.
 Enhance the image, and change the size.
 Change the print size to 2x3.
 This is a single, 
but it's easier to do multiple photos at once. 
I put all my newly copied photos into a new file.
 I labeled the file Head Shots.
 That way I can pull up that file and 
get all the pictures in one place.
 Here is my Head Shots file. 
I then chose the photos to print by clicking on them
 while holding the shift or command key down.
 This will come up and then I hit print. 
I get them all one one page.
Here they are in 3x5.
Cut to size and insert into the frame. Use one at every place setting.
(tip: print out two pictures. One for the back of the frame too)
Choose a theme for your photos.
If it's for a graduation, use everyone's senior picture.
If it's for a wedding or shower, use old bridal portraits.
If it's a baby shower, use baby pictures.
You could even have guests guess who's baby picture it is.
Lots of fun possibilities!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! And you are so pretty here. Sounds like a fun time ahead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I would love to do that for Christmas with pictures with Santa and the tree or gifts... Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Thanks for the tute on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea -- and what a great Senior pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Thanks for a great tutorial! Love your senior photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so smart Rita May

    I agree you are pretty as your senior picture

    life is good

    janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. Thanks so much for the tutorial. It was especially helpful to me since I am still learning to use my MacBook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea...I love to use photos whenever and wherever I can :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Rita! Love the use of the frames, that is perfect. Thanks for linking this up to HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. How charming! I love this idea- so creative! Thanks for sharing this at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete