Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lots of Yellow

Sunny yellow tablescape this week.
 For the center table topper, I'm using a 30" rag rug from Longaberger. 
It's the yellow Rose Trellis pattern.
 A made a small yellow pedestal stand using an overturned small fruit bowl with
 a salad plate on top. A glass dome from a thrift store fits nicely.
 A sweet little yellow sunflower salt and pepper set was found at a thrift shop.
 Longaberger Rose Trellis napkins are tucked into 
 yellow gingham checked wooden napkin rings. 
 Butternut yellow pottery and vintage yellow juice glasses are set for breakfast.
Big yellow lemons fill the apothecary jar.
Mini bagels under the glass dome.
 I  reMAY'd  a small Pellegrino bottle into an oil lamp.
 I used vegetable oil, but you can also use lamp oil
 or Citronella if it's for outside. 
I just used lamp brass nipples, a washer and cording.
I need a few more parts and then I'll be making
more.


11 comments:

  1. OOh great candles!!! What a great idea. So glad you shared that with us.. The table, well it's wonderful with the rug and the plaid napkin rings (drooling!) and the beautiful napkins.. I'd love to wake up to this!
    many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever to make a lamp out of a bottle! I would have never thought about this. Love the bright fresh blue and yellow. Also love the little dome you put together. At a dish store I went to recently, someone had put together these as displays. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yellow and this is a fabulous tablescape. Love the linens too. Beautifully done and so cheery. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever. Great table.

    This week is my second blog-aversary and I'm hosting a "Where do you keep it all?" party on Sunday. I'd love to have you join me.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love the oil lamp. I used to design lamps, and I have tons of components in a tool box in the work room. The spot of green is the perfect shot of color with your yellow pieces. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clever lamp and sunny tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you please share how you made the lamp exactly....like how you attached the cord to the brass nipples. Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun Love the lamp idea, what to see more about it. Happy that I stopped in!! Jules ♥ Going to follow !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Of course blue and yellow are my favs! I drink Perrier by the case, now I know what to do with some of those bottles! What a great idea!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute I had to become a new follower! Would you please come link it up at my Delicately Constructed Fridays? I would really appreciate it!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful yellows brightens up the picture nicely come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete