Monday, July 9, 2012

Adding A Little Trim

I thought that the shelves in the open kitchen
 cabinet would look much better if I added
a little trim  to the edge.
It's a subtle change, but it finishes
the look of the shelves.
 I used 1/2" already primed cove molding
and painted it white.
 The trim is attached to the edge using wood
 glue. It's held in place with masking tape 
until the glue dries.
 That's it!
 The trim will not interfere with the doors
 if (when) I decide to put them back on.
 The shelves look less kitchen-cabinety.
 Profile
 I can still easily remove the shelves
if (when) I decide to replace
 the red checked background.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. Great idea, looks good. Love your open shelves. Everything looks so pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference the trim makes. It looks so pretty! Love your contents too.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you constantly tweak something clever to make it even MORE so!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea. That little detail really added some pizzazz, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new wood trim looks great. And I just love those blue and white tea cups. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it really adds a lot! It's such a small detail, but I think it makes the cabinets look complete. You have such a good eye for detail, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red, white and blue! The molding looks real good. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Love the red, blue and white - very nice :)Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference the trim makes, I adore your check background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the trim add the perfect touch, finish to the shelves! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice finishing touch - looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rita,
    I'm popping over from Metamorphosis Monday and just love how your trim came out. I removed the doors of some kitchen cabinets before and even covered the holes. But I didn't think to add trim to the shelves, makes a big difference. I'm a new follower and a fellow blue/white collector. : ) Love if you'd share your shelves at my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party.
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you add the paper in your cabinet? Do you use tacks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. click on
      (http://ritamay-days.blogspot.com/search?q=kitchen+cabinet) to see the posts where I change the paper on the back of my cabinet. I use wrapping paper or vinyl tablecloths and just use double stick tape in the corners.

      Delete