Thursday, November 15, 2012

Perfect Chalkboard Lettering

It was time to change the words on the
chalkboard sign on the kitchen archway.
This week I discovered a way to get perfect 
lettering on a chalkboard. I found great
tutorials on My 3 Monsters and
Lilacs & Longhorns. I tried the
 method on the words 'Give Thanks'. 
 For my size chalkboard, first I printed out the
 letters using Word in 250 size.The font 
is Great Vibes and you can get it and all the 
fonts free from Font Squirrel. 
I also condensed the spacing to 20 pt 
and used the outline setting and printed
 it choosing the landscape option. 
It's just click-click-click.
To transfer the letters onto the chalkboard 
I just rubbed the back of the paper where the 
letters were with chalk, then turned it over 
and traced the letters onto the chalkboard.
Then I just filled it in with chalk. 
Great results!
The word 'Gratitude' was in another font. 
I did that freehand before I found this
 nifty way to do it.
 I'm leaving it for Thanksgiving week because 
now I'm planning my Christmas message.
  That will be going up soon. 
This method is very similar to the way
I letter my painted signs. (HERE
I'm thankful I found it!
Give Thanks

10 comments:

  1. Looks great, Rita May! So glad you were inspired and thanks for the link back to my blog! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Rita! Hope have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific. I will ahve to see if I can do something like that. I doubt it but..........we'll see:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any tips for writing better on my chalkboard are very welcome! Thanks for that!!!

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool tip--I never would have thought to do this, so thank you so much. We have a new chalkboard, so I will have to practice now! Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the easy tip! On my way to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so professional! How clever! Must try this.
    BTW, I made your Fiesta Quiche this morning. Results? Happy family! Thanks, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tip Rita! thanks for sharing at CCC, catching you this week!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea, I will definitely be trying this. Thanks you so much for the great tutorial.
    Saw you over at My Repurposed Life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great tip! I am totally pinning! Found your feature at MRL!

    ReplyDelete